As a business situated in NSW, Australia we have adopted and comply with, both the federal National Privacy Principals (NPP’s), as outlined in the Privacy Act (Cth) 1988 (Privacy Act) and the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1988 (PPIP Act) and the Health Records Information Privacy Act 2002 (HRIP Act). These laws state how we collect, use, store, secure, disclose and dispose of your personal (including health) information.
What is Personal Information and why do we obtain it
Personal information is any information that may identify you as an individual. When you engage with Inner West Nutrition Pty Ltd either through our website, telephone calls, emails, media, correspondence or consultations, the following personal information may be requested to enable us provide a service or marketing activities. These include:
- Your name, home address, phone and email address;
- Information about your interests and preferences, such as your opinion about future topics, products or services that may interest you;
- Information that allows IWN to tailor content to your needs when you sign up for one of our webinars or promotional events and
- Basic information about your interaction with IWN’s website.
Collection and Use
IWN may collect your personal information by various means including:
- through the contact form on IWN’s website;
- when you email IWN;
- when you subscribe to our newsletter;
- when you opt-in to receive a free resource;
- when you sign up to attend a seminar, webinar or event;
- in person at a seminar, webinar or event
- when we request a testimonial after we have worked together;
- when you become our client or purchase from us;
- information automatically collected by IWN’s website such an analytics and cookies; and
- if you are referred to me
- IWN use this information to:
- respond to your enquiries;
- provide you with the services that you have requested;
- monitor your satisfaction with our website and our services;
- help other people to understand IWN’s services better;
- improve our products and services;
- provide you with more relevant information;
- provide you with relevant news and updates about our services, and
- provide news about developments in our areas of work.
IWN will only collect your personal information:
- with your full awareness and consent, such as when you email us, tick a checkbox or fill in a form to provide IWN with information;
- if we need it to provide you with information or services that you request;
- if we are legally required to collect it;
- for necessary administrative processes if you become our client; or
- if I believe that I can demonstrate a legitimate interest in using your data for marketing purposes, although I will always give you a choice to opt out.
IWN understand that some personal information is particularly sensitive. We will only collect sensitive information by methods that are reasonably secure, such as:
- through my intake form in Simple Clinic when you book an appointment;
- in a consultation, whether via Zoom, What’s App, FaceTime or in person; and
- when you send me information in an email.
The reason why I collect this information is:
- so that IWN can provide you with the services you have contracted for, and
- to ensure that IWN is providing you with the most appropriate services.
The sensitive information IWN ask you to provide for this purpose may include:
- your date of birth and age;
- information about your health and medical history;
- your family medical history;
- your personal and sexual health, and
- your current symptoms.
IWN is committed to securely storing and handling your sensitive information.
Sensitive information is stored:
- in Simple Clinic if submitted through an intake form;
- in a password protected GSuite account;
- as handwritten notes in a locked filing cabinet, and
- on a password protected computer in a locked room.
Only IWN has access to sensitive material shared by our clients. Limited access may be provided to my VA or a team member, but only on a strictly need-to-know basis. As mentioned above, some sensitive information may be stored securely online, or in the cloud through Simple Clinic and GSuite.
As a business that engages clinical nutritionists, we owe a duty of care and confidentiality to our clients, and we take this duty very seriously. You may choose not to provide us with your personal information. However, if you choose not to be completely open and honest with us, it can cause problems. We may not be able to provide you with the services that you request, and any treatment we provide may be ineffective or have unintended consequences. As a result, we ask that you always provide IWN with accurate information.
Use of Personal Information
Reasons why IWN may disclose your personal information include:
- where disclosure is necessary to provide you with the information or services you have requested, or
- where the administration of IWN’s business requires disclosure to a VA or support services.
In order to do this, IWN may share some relevant personal information – on a strictly need to know basis – with:
- IWN’s email marketing provider;
- IWN’s virtual assistant (VA) and similar independent contractors;
- IWN’s accounting and legal team;
- IWN’s business consultant or coach;
- IWN’s website and technology team, and
- IWN’s CRM provider.
IWN will also disclose your information if required by law to do so or in circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act – for example, where we have reasonable grounds to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to IWN’s functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in, and in response to a subpoena, discovery request or a court order.
If you have any concerns regarding the disclosure of your personal information, please do not hesitate to get in touch with IWN to discuss this personally.
IWN takes reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
IWN manages risks to your personal information by:
- storing files securely;
- ensuring that only IWN have access to sensitive information;
- releasing information to service providers on a strictly need-to-know basis, and
- conducting regular audits of our security systems. As mentioned above, your personal information may also be stored with a third-party provider, where it will be managed under their security policy. If you have any concerns, please contact the provider directly or let me know
Access to Information
You can contact IWN to access, correct or update your personal information at any time. Unless IWN is subject to a confidentiality obligation or some other restriction on giving access to the information which permits IWN to refuse you access under the Privacy Act, and we believe there is a valid reason for doing so, IWN will endeavour to make your information available you within 30 days.
Please begin the process by sending an email requesting access to your information to IWN at email@example.com and we will endeavour to respond within 7 days.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint you may seek a review by contacting:
- the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner using the information available at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints
Notification of Change
Notification of Breach
If IWN have reason to suspect that a serious data breach has occurred and that this may result in harm or loss to you, we will immediately assess the situation and take appropriate remedial action. If we still believe that you are at risk, we will notify the Office of the Information Commissioner and either notify you directly, or if that is not possible, publicise a notification of the breach on this website